Sydney, Australia or Wellington, New Zealand
A leading microeconomics consultancy specialising in regulatory economics within the finance and water sectors is looking for graduates to join its growing team in Sydney or Wellington. With a commitment to providing cutting-edge economic analysis and expert advice, you will have the opportunity to contribute to impactful projects that drive positive change and shape the future of these industries.
As an Analyst (graduate economist) you will work closely with experienced consultants and industry experts, gaining valuable insights into the finance and water sectors. This position offers a unique opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and analytical skills to real-world challenges while developing a deep understanding of regulatory frameworks.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to support economic analysis and regulatory assessments
- Collect, analyse, and interpret data for policy recommendations and strategic decisions
- Prepare reports, presentations, and economic models to communicate findings effectively
- Contribute to the development of economic models and tools to assess the impact of regulatory interventions
- Assist in client engagements, providing expert advice and delivering high-quality work within specified deadlines
- A recent graduate (or soon-to-be graduate) with a BSc or MSc degree in economics, finance, or a related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with proficiency in econometric analysis and statistical software (e.g., Stata, R, Python)
- Knowledge of microeconomic principles and familiarity with regulatory economics concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex economic ideas to diverse audiences
- A passion for research, problem-solving, and working in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with the finance and/or water sectors is desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for professional growth within a prestigious consultancy firm
- Exposure to a wide range of projects and industries, providing valuable experience and skill development
Apply for this job
By applying to this advert you agree to your personal details being held on file in relation to this and other future relevant opportunities.