£70,000 - £105,000 plus 10% matched Pension
London, United Kingdom (hybrid)
A successful and growing advanced sports betting analytics and trading start-up, is looking for a Senior Sports Betting Trading Analyst to join its expanding strategy and trading team.
- Working on the latest cutting-edge customised analytics technology
- Mission critical role – directly impact the PNL
- Salary between £70,000-£105,000 plus a 10% matched pension contribution
The core platform infrastructure handles thousands of trading signals per second, all of which must be processed and potentially acted upon with minimal latency. The problems and constraints faced are similar to high-frequency trading shops, however in the sports betting world.
The Senior Sports Betting Trading Analyst will be joining the modelling team to be their sports betting and betting market expert. You will provide the domain expert insight in improving the trading strategies developed, whilst working closely with the software engineers and machine learning experts.
Your role is to identify trading strategy improvements and value leaks in existing and new strategies through a combination of watching clients’ trading activity from their internal tools, data analysis on historical trading and intuition from your sport and betting knowledge.
You should possess a profound passion for sports and betting, with a particular focus on professional sports betting. Ideally, you should have an understanding of betting exchanges, astute bookmakers (including the Asian market), and the overreaching dynamics of the betting market. Your interest in a wide range of sports, especially when considering them from a sports betting standpoint, should be evident.
- Analyse the existing automated sports betting strategies and identify potential improvements in them
- Collaborate with software developers and machine learning experts to optimise and enhance trading algorithms
- Work with the team to develop brand new trading strategies on new markets and new sports
- Perform data analysis on historical trading to back up your qualitative analysis
- Conduct ongoing research on the sports betting markets
- Strong knowledge of sports betting markets across a variety of different sports
- A strong intuition for spotting bad trading decisions and identifying ways to improve them
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in data analysis in Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with large datasets
- Strong communication in a predominately remote environment, especially written communication
- Excellent teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with software developers and machine learning experts
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in professional sports betting
- Advanced data science experience
- Experience with quantitative analysis and statistical modelling
- Familiarity with low latency and high throughput trading environments
The salary range for this role is £70,000 to £105,000, depending on experience and interview performance.
- 25 days annual leave (not including public holidays)
- 10% matched pension contributions
- Equity participation in our Enterprise Management Incentive
- Private health insurance & gym membership
- Income protection insurance
- Choose your own hardware & setup for your development environment. Adjustable standing desks provided in office and we’ll reimburse you for home furniture & equipment.
Apply for this job
By applying to this advert you agree to your personal details being held on file in relation to this and other future relevant opportunities.